Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop MOBO Ribbon Clip Broken

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mr roman

mr roman

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hello BC!! I have a problem that has been irritating me for a while!

On my laptop (HP G60) I broke the clip that comes down to hold a small ribbon cable in place. The ribbon is for the power on and turn wifi on. I had some ghetto rig in there but it barely worked. I was hoping someone here would provide me with a more solid fix or at least point me in the right direction.

i was previously using electric tape, but that didn't work too good. or maybe im just not good at using electric tape lol.

SXcCZZw.jpg

Edited by mr roman, 12 June 2013 - 02:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

short of replacing the whole thing (huge pain in the butt even for an electrical guy like me, not to mention probably a bit expensive) I would take a toothpick or something similar, firmly press it into place then put a dab of hot glue on either end of the connector, this should hold it in place well enough.

Note: This would be very difficult to remove once in place, be very careful with it!

My only other thought would be to use some sort of strap around the connector (glued behind the blue pull tab then glued behind the white connector on the board) then put a piece of foam or something on the case above it to press it into place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users