Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware removed, PC cleaned up but still have problems...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 TartlesCapri

TartlesCapri

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi,
I completed the clean-up process after getting a nasty infection, but I've still got problems with my laptop. Virtual Dr. was helping me but have not got a response in 36 hours and I need to get running normally again. Ran all the scans and ComboFix, the moderator designed a custom fix for me and that went well. But here's the remaining problem--no desktop unless I'm in Safe Mode. My screen saver picture is not there and neither are any of the icons. The bottom tray is there with a minimum of icons, but I cannot click on Start; the cursor just spins and spins. The moderator's last instructions to me were to go to Start "Search" type: explorer.exe and press Enter. This should have brought back the icons but it didn't work because I could not use Start. Can you advise what I can do?
Thanx!
P.S. Nothing against Virtual Dr., they've been awesome--I just need to get this fixed asap!

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3061 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 231547 MB, Free - 123723 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, 7732CTO
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Edited by TartlesCapri, 12 June 2013 - 01:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,069 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

If you have already posted log(s) at another site and are awaiting or already receiving assistance, you should not ask for help elsewhere. Malware Response Team Helpers are all volunteers regardless of where you post a log. When you ask for help at more than one site, that adds to the over extended workload we already have and takes time away from others who are also seeking assistance but have to wait.

Any modifications you make can result in system changes which may not show it the log(s) you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that topic may cause confusion for the Malware Response Team Helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer. If you had posted your log(s) here, similar rules would apply...we would ask that you refrain from asking for help elsewhere.

If you have not received a reply by your Helper, then contact (PM) that Helper...or advise a Site Admin or another member of their malware removal team (i.e. Broni).

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you still need assistance after your system has been reviewed and you have been cleared at that site, please start a new topic. If you have any questions please PM me or another moderator.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users