Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All my programs don't work after I run Combofix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alexlai

alexlai

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

I got this "bad Image" error all the time and my internet connection kept going on and off, after I search the net and found people suggested to run Combofix, I was so desperate before even read the details and run the program, now all my programs cannot start.  My IE still works, that the onloy good thing. 

Here are my problems:

1)  I un- installed some programs and re-installed them again, but all of them cannot access the internet for some reason. 

2) My most important thing is that my Outlook cannot open, it kept giving me this error saying "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook.  Cannot open the Outlook Window.  The set of folders cannot be opened.  The information store could not be opned"

3) When I tried to download some programs, e.g. Chrome from the internet, it download the installer, and when I run it, I am getting this error 0x80070ee4.  Other programs just won't even flash (cannot go to install).

Please Please help

Forgot to mention I am using Win 7 Professional version

MOD EDIT: moved to AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods              

Edited by boopme, 12 June 2013 - 10:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

Since you already ran Combofix due to malware infection, its log should be thoroughly reviewed by trained experts in order to ascertain what was detected/removed and what malware you're dealing with. A log should have been created and saved to the root directory, usually C:\ComboFix.txt.

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step 6. When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to include your ComboFix log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts. After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One and CLICK the link so it will report your topic to the team members.

Note: If no log was created by ComboFix or you cannot post its log, then ignore this part and just post the other requested logs in your new topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users