Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome & IE not displaying sites correctly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RawTalent

RawTalent

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hi there

I have been struggling with an issue with my WIndows 7 PC. Both IE 10 and Chrome (both fully updated) are displaying websites incorrectly. My guess is there is a problem with reading the code of the website. I have encountered it across numerous sites.

I thought it might be flash or java so have uninstalled and reinstalled fully updated versions without any luck.

For example on the BBC Radio website the screen will flash as if its trying to load and then say the site is unavailable when using IE 10

I have attached screenshots of the issues.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

RT

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Rather than show pics...can you tell us just what makes you think that the displays are "incorrect"?  What's the problem, as you see it?

Louis

#3 RawTalent

RawTalent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hi Louis

When visiting certain websites the layout and images are not loading correctly. I am often getting images with the colours not correctly showing or jagged lines of colours.

Not really sure how else to describe it so thought pictures might be easier

Thanks

RT

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Try uninstalling your video drivers...then reinstalling same, from either Drivers CD or website.

Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.  Scroll down to Display Adapters, double-click.  Double-click the detailed item now revealed,   Clcik Driver tab, click Uninstall button.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users