Came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and I immediately upgraded to Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel i5 3450
AMD Radeon HD 7570 1024 mb
Problems that have been happening for a while:
- when I unplug the computer the date and time reset and it has some problems restarting
- a friend told me this is probably because the lithium battery on my motherboard is dead and needs to be replaced
- hibernate mode has never worked worked (never tried with original OS)
- online troubleshooting identified problem could be related to the video card it was then that I realized my computer didn’t recognize the video card. I tried downloading the driver from AMD but couldn’t and when I contacted AMD they said I had to contact Acer to get the driver. I never followed up because I hate dealing with Acer. They just yell at me and tell me anything is my fault because I upgraded the OS and they don’t want to help with with anything unless I default to factory settings and start from scratch.
- computer doesn’t recognize the video card
- besides the hibernation problem above, which may or may not be related to the video card I had a problem when I installed a new Samsung 24B350HL monitor on June 11, 2013. I was unable to optimize the screen resolution to what it should be for the monitor. Looked like monitor thought I just had VGA video card but I was using HDMI cable.
- I had a problem that I thought was a virus a while ago and went through all the steps suggested by bleeping computer.com and after that the computer seemed restored to previous state (still with hibernation and problem with unplugging the computer) See the following link to output from that troubleshooting process:
- Connected new monitor: Samsung 24B350HL
- Noticed I couldn’t optimize so I Installed driver and some of the software that came with the computer hoping that would solve the problem even though I suspected it was due to the video card.
- Other than the screen optimization problem and previous problems mentioned above, the computer was working fine
- Then I installed the last software program from the Samsung disc: Samsung Mon Setup, which is supposed to help you adjust your monitor with keyboard and mouse rather than using the buttons on the monitor. I was told I needed to restart my computer after installation. Instead of restarting I shut down because I was leaving for a while
- When I came back to my computer I decide to replace the battery on the motherboard before rebooting. I happened to have the right battery at home so I replaced the battery and tried to reboot
- Was unable to reboot. Tried booting from hard disc in BIOS (not sure I did that right), didn’t work. Unable to start windows in safe mood. Self-repair did not work (several attempts). One of the logs after self-repair said that the problem was related with a recently installed program or driver. Tried system restore to a date prior to June 11th with no success.
I gave up for now and am desperate for help but I don’t want to call Acer yet. I’m worred that I’ll have to restore it to original and then it will take me days to install everything and fix a problem I had previously resolved with my photos that was a pain in the *&#$%.
I hope someone may be able to help me with a solution other than restoring to factory defaults and starting from scratch.
I took photos of the output from the repair process that I could post if necessary. Working on my old laptop for now.