Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Is Very Lvery Low

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bloodybreeze

bloodybreeze

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:03 PM

the sound that is coming out of the speakers is very low. I have tried another pc speakers on mine and its the same problem. And my speakers work fine on others. The speakers do have their own power supply. everything is at its max in the windows. Unstalling and reinstalling the realtek hight definition audio in my pavilion a1020n. Even updated it. Still doesn't work.

So will diasbling my realtek and buying a sound card correct this problem. Because it seems that i've tried everything and nothing works. Any suggestions?
I would greatly appreiciate your help.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:08 PM

bloodybreeze,do you have Intel high definition audio,on board?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 bloodybreeze

bloodybreeze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:44 AM

Well i looked at the specs for the Pavilion a1020n and it said the audio card is integrated. In device manger it says Realtek High Definition Audio.

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:54 AM

So will diasbling my realtek and buying a sound card correct this problem?

Absolutely, and prices on good sound cards are fairly reasonable.
Wondering one thing though?
Do you have a "Sound Effects Manager" option in control panel?
If so, just for testing purposes, open it up and run across the settings.
Set sound effects to "none"
Set equalizer to 0db's across the board
Make sure speaker configuration match's your setup. If it doesn't, that may be your issue.
Run through speaker test.
And if you don't mind, post what you see on the "general" tab.

Edited by HitSquad, 15 April 2006 - 07:55 AM.

#5 bloodybreeze

bloodybreeze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:15 PM

i went to sound manager and did all the above. Still no improvement. Since you said that a sound can correct this problem. Do you have any suggestions what sound card will work good with a pavilion a1020n. My budget is low. Thanks

#6 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:31 AM

Any pci sound card will work.
Basic 5.1 surround sound cards start around $30.00 US and go up from there.
If you're using a basic 2 or 3 speaker setup, that's really all you need.
I'm partial to the Turtle Beach line myself but Creative's Soundblaster is a good card and the more popular out of the two. Here's a couple links:

Turtle Beach
Creative

Here's an HP link to a step by step method of disabling your current audio and installing a new card if you need it:
HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Installing or Replacing a Sound Card

I'm still curious though. Did you lose you're onboard sound after any particular event such as a software install, upgrade, etc?

Edited by HitSquad, 16 April 2006 - 06:31 AM.

#7 bloodybreeze

bloodybreeze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:22 PM

Well i actually bought a Radeon x1300 and i was fiddling around trying to put it in the PCI slot but it didn't fit. So then i purchased a Radeon 9250 and i got it to fit and work. But i wasn't sastifyed with it. So i just went back to my regular on board graphics. So i think something happened the fist time with the Radeon x1300. But everything in device manager said it was working propertly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users