Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo email

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 roults2

roults2

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

If I'm in the wrong section, I do apologize! I actually have two questions. The most important.......I use Yahoo email. I get a ton of SPAM everyday but I have the box checked >> "Empty Spam Folder: Immediately".

In the past, the folder would never have even one spam in it when this is checked but now, it makes no difference. Has anyone had this same issue? Any assistance would really help me out. 

The other unrelated question >> Is there a DECENT FREE anti virus program I can download?

When I say FREE, I'm not talking about the free 30 day trial, then I have to get my credit card out. Thats not free in my book. Free, 365 days per year would be great. Any advice? As always, thanks for the help guys. You do more good for others than you may know.

Ken

Edited by hamluis, 11 June 2013 - 06:06 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hi, and welcome.

Can't help you with the first part, but I have been using Avast for about three years now on several computers, with only ever one problem. This was a false positive which resulted in my having to re-install all my graphics software. All Avast (free) costs is an e-mail address for registration, then you get 12 months use, and need to renew the registration annually. I also use Malwarebytes and Super Anti-spyware (both free and downloadable from this web-site).

The only thing is to be careful when downloading and installing it that you click on the 'Free' buttons !

If you decide you don't like Avast, then AVG is also generally well  thought of.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

The reason for your Yahoo suddenly acting differently is because OUTLOOK has taken over yahoo, hotmail, and a few other mail clients. Since they have been making all emails accounts that are @yahoo or @hotmail or @MSN.com be able to be accessed through OUTLOOK, some settings have been altered

==]--s1lents0ul-->

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

The other unrelated question >> Is there a DECENT FREE anti virus program I can download?

Microsoft Security Essentials is free, you can set it for daily updates and scans, and is generally simple to use.

I use it on my computers, and you do not get Pop-ups asking you to buy any upgraded versions - Ever -

Regards -

Edited for spelling only -

Edited by noknojon, 11 June 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#5 roults2

roults2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the help guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users