Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Vectra Xe310 Won't Connect To The Internet.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aussie.girl

aussie.girl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:54 PM

Evening Mates,
I would like some help please. I just inherited a computer from work, it's an HP Vectra xe 310. I'm trying to connect it to my cable modem but I'm receiving an error message stating 'little or no connectivity'. The connection status is showing as connected and it's sending 'packets' but not receiving any info.

I'm assuming the computer is thinking it's still connected to a network server and I don't know how to change this.

Can someone please walk me through this.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:01 PM

Use the "new connection wizard" accessed by clicking on start>settings>network connections

It should walk you right through it.

Let us know.

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:23 AM

I think in XP it is Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections under "Pick a Task" choose Set up or change your internet connection.

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 15 April 2006 - 06:23 AM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:08 AM

Hello, I think that the first thing to do is find out the system spec's - she inherited the computer from work so does anybody know what OS before starting to give out advice that might not work. Please give us the proper info like OS, processor type, Ram, etc so we can better help you, it will save a lot of time.

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

does anybody know what OS before starting to give out advice that might not work.

I think assuming XP on this machine is fair, as this thread is posted in the XP forum. I guess I don't know what you are getting at.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:16 AM

Evening Mates,
I would like some help please. I just inherited a computer from work, it's an HP Vectra xe 310. I'm trying to connect it to my cable modem but I'm receiving an error message stating 'little or no connectivity'. The connection status is showing as connected and it's sending 'packets' but not receiving any info.

I'm assuming the computer is thinking it's still connected to a network server and I don't know how to change this.
Thanks.

I would suggest that prior to connecting to your cable modem, that everything is turned off. There is a proper sequence when starting up. This allows each device to acquire the connection in order. First the cable modem is turned on, wait till it does self check and stabilizes, be fore moving to next device. Next is router or hub (if you have one), again wait till it stabilizes, before moving on. Then lastly your computer.

I'm receiving an error message stating 'little or no connectivity'.

Gives me a hint that the modem is not seeing the Vectra's MAC address.

If you still have the same problem after the start up I have outlined. Then try the "new connection wizard" mentioned above.

Be (Connection Sequence) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users