Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google/yahoo/msn Search Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jbarlow

jbarlow

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:52 PM

Hello. When I do a search and try to open one of the results with "open in a new window" it does not go to that page at all. For example I do a search for 'Honda', then right-click the result, for the main honda page, to open in a new window... I will get something like bizrate, lycos, ebay, pricequotes but they will be about Honda, like ebay results for 'Honda'.... Something else odd is if I try that same result twice I get the same incorrect page but on the third try I will get the Honda main page.... I made sure and got the latest definitions for spybot, ewido, lavasoft's adaware, and windows defender and ran them a few times. I did find some things and got rid of them but I still keep getting this problem with the search engines. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:04 PM

Hi jbarlow, first Welcome to Bleeping Computer...
It would seem to me that you've got a genuine Browser Hijack there.
I would recommend you follow these instructions to clean up your PC. HERE
and read thru the pinned topics Here
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:34 AM

Moderator note:

I have split the HJT log posted in reply and moved it to the HJT log forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49798/jbarlow-hjt-log/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 jbarlow

jbarlow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:28 PM

Thanks again Boopme for your help ^^

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:14 PM

You are most welocome. Have alook around the forums read some tutorials.. :thumbsup:
Remember the HJT will get to you soon, please be patient as they are voluteering their time and effort and expertise.
Also do not make any changes to your PC now as that will alter the log you posted and may cause inaccuracies.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users