Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ergonomic Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kislanya

Kislanya

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hi!
I want to purchase a wired ergonomic keyboard that is compatible with Windows 8. 
Would like some suggestions and feedback as to how satisfied/or not with using one...thanks!

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

I don't have windows 8 nor use an ergonomic keyboard. But here is a new product designed for Windows 8 and by Microsoft.

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Kislanya

Kislanya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

I have given up on getting a wired keyboard as they are not compatible from what I research to Windows 8, only wireless.  The one you mention is really what I need....

Will check this one out further...thank you...Kislanya;)

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

You are quite welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community. Good luck with your new keyboard. If you have time, come back and let us know how things work out for you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 Kislanya

Kislanya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

I just realized I originally posted in the wrong forum;) sorry about that.

Anyway I purchased a

Logitech Wireless Wave Combo MK550

from Dell as I was able to get a nice military discount from them.  It's very similar in appearance and options to the Microsoft Sculpt..

I spend a lot of time researching geneaology and typing, my hands/arms are bothering me.  Sure hope the ergonomics of this new one will help relieve that.

Will definitely come back and give my review of how it handles plus any improvements in the discomfort....thanks!

#6 Kislanya

Kislanya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

The Logitech Wireless Wave Combo MK550 is absolutely terrific!  Aside from the super quick ship from Dell(4 days), the keyboard is the answer to my issues with aching wrists and fingers.  My palms rest very comfortably on the soft raised pads and the curved wave keyboard allows my fingers to access the keys without strain....plus increases my typing speed. 

There are a number of super nice keys to save time in operations overall.  Wireless is wonderful, the receiver works clean, tiny and can use multiple devices at the same time.  I like the zoom in/out key in particular that integrates nicely now with Windows and btw, this keyboard is compatible with Windows8.  The F keys can be re-set to access your email, word, browsing, im and 3 keys left for you to use at fave sites.  In my case that would be FB and Ebay;)

Easy setup with disc and few pages in the manual.

P.S. works beautifully while sitting in bed across the room....definitely a plus right there.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Thank you very much for your review. Glad you are pleased with your new keyboard. Happy computing.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users