Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fbi lock screen virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jsilver2

jsilver2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

My computer got the fbi lock screen virus where they ask for money to unlock your computer/avoid federal charges.I tried starting in safe mode as well as doing a system restore and neither were successful. I'm not sure how but I eventually bypassed the lock screen and got the computers os to run. I scanned using hitmanpro and malwarebytes and neither of them found any threats. Any suggestions to get rid of this virus?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jsilver2

jsilver2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Think I fixed it. Deleted most of my files and applications. Also scanned with eset nod32 antivirus 4 and spybot- search and destroy. Each picked up a threat and fixed the problem. If you have Any further advice let me know. thanks

#3 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The Magician

• Security Colleague
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer. I am The Dark Knight and will be assisting you. Please ask questions if anything is unclear. :welcome:

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit here.

• Unzip the contents to a folder on the Desktop.
  • Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe ( right-click and select Run as administrator for Vista and Windows 7).
  • Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
  • Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
  • Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
  • Please post the two logs produced.

Please note: This tool is still in BETA mode, so please ensure you have backed up any important files.

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal...you become something else entirely. A legend, Mr. Wayne, a legend!

If I have helped you please consider donating to the Neuroscience Research Institute.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users