Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reading SD Cards (from Camera) no longer works

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

I need to get some photos uploaded but suddenly found about a month ago it wasn't working.

I'm not sure where to look for the problem.  Is it software-related or my computer laptop which is almost 2 yrs old and having fair share of problems.  I have looked around some but it wasn't urgent till now.  Thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

HI,

I use a card reader on my desk top. Put the card in the reader, plug the reader into any convenient USB slot, copy images to one or other of my photo collections. Got it in my local super market for £6 UK, about $10 US.

However your post is a little vague !  What isn't working - the camera, the card, the reader, the computer ?  What make and model of computer is it ?  What operating system ? What sort of problems are you having ?

If an external card reader doesn't solve your problem, post back but with a little more info !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

HI,

I use a card reader on my desk top. Put the card in the reader, plug the reader into any convenient USB slot, copy images to one or other of my photo collections. Got it in my local super market for £6 UK, about $10 US.

However your post is a little vague !  What isn't working - the camera, the card, the reader, the computer ?  What make and model of computer is it ?  What operating system ? What sort of problems are you having ?

If an external card reader doesn't solve your problem, post back but with a little more info !

Chris Cosgrove

Sorry if I was unclear.

My camera and everything works fine its just that I can't download the pictures I take. 

My SD Card reader built in to the system used to work but stopped - when I insert a SD Card it doesn't recognize it.

I have a laptop that is very basic using Windows 7.   I think it must be that the SD Card Reader quit working and I wasn't sure if it might have a bad driver assuming it has a driver but I used the Slim Driver update program and didn't get any results with that as far as resolving the SD Card Reader problem but it fixed a couple of other things so it was worth using.

I did locate a SD Card reader at my local office depot which I'm going to purchase next day or so and I will post whether that solves the problem.

#4 ben545

ben545

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

I have had this problem before, it turns out that for me it was because I disabled autoruns on flashdrives and things so it would not let me know see in my computer that it had an SD card in.  Simply turning autorun back on fixed the problem.

#5 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

I have had this problem before, it turns out that for me it was because I disabled autoruns on flashdrives and things so it would not let me know see in my computer that it had an SD card in.  Simply turning autorun back on fixed the problem.

I did check out the autorun and it was not disabled.  Today I bought a plug-in SD card reader and I'm going to test it shortly.   I'll post the results which hopefully will be positive. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users