Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Hp Computer Isnt Turning On!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xtina_Irene

Xtina_Irene

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:27 PM

HI MY NAME IS XTINA AND IM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY (HP PAVILLION a305w). WELL WAT IS HAPPENING IS THAT WHEN I GO TO PUSH THE BUTTON TO START IT UP THE LIGHT TURNS YELLOW INSTEAD OF THE USUALL GREEN AND BLUE. WHEN I PUSH THE PUTTON THE ONE OF THE FANS START TO RUN IS ON BUT THE CPU FAN ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE IS COMPLETELY DEAD. I HAVE GOTTEN A NEW FAN FOR MY COMPUTER BUT IT STILL IS NOT WORKING. IS U HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR WHAT I SHOULD DO, PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:40 PM

It sounds like your power supply is failing, or your motherboard has failed. Are there any lights on, on the motherboard. Usually there is one or two green statis lights on the motherboard.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

To save you some time I would suggest calling HP tech support even if the computer is out of warrantee. It sounds to me that it is either the power supply or the motherboard and since the CPU fan is not working it is more than likely the motherboard. If the computer is out of warrantee HP might have something they can do to replace what is wrong with your system. They will be able to ask you questions over the phone and determine exactly what is wrong with your system.

There is one web site that can help you since apparently you are using another computer to communicate with us here. Computer Repair with Diagnostic Flowcharts A flowchart is simply a chart that asks questions the have the answers YES or NO. And you follow the route it takes you to the answer and it should diagnose the problem.

http://www.fonerbooks.com/pcrepair.htm

Give it a try and see where you come out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users