Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help. Windows won't start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kilay

Kilay

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

I just got home from work. I start my laptop and this is what I see "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause."

I used my laptop this morning and it worked just fine. I had not installed or downloaded anything.

The laptop is only a year old and I haven't had any problems with it until now.

Please and thank you in advance,

Lai

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hi kilay and :welcome: to BC

Please try going to Advance Boot Menu by tapping F8 on early boot or splash screen logo then choose on startup repair. See if the system is able to get back to normal after performing a start repair fix.

Tekken

#3 Kilay

Kilay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Thanks.

Yes. I tried that then it starts to load files, a blue screen appears for a second but it takes me back to the black screen

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Please try using 'Last Known Good Configuration' in Advanced boot menu. Post the computer model also next time.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users