Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1st build

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kd2013

kd2013

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

so I've purchased a few components based on sales that occurred but I'm not sure if I made a mistake in making spur of the moment purchases.

purchased components: memory, storage, psu after shipping, taxes, rebates/gc etc i've spent $250 which is a little bit less than half my budget and at the time these purchases seemed like good deals now I'm second guessing and I feel a little lost on how to proceed with the build... purchased: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kd2013/saved/1JRv

components needed: what would you buy with $200-300 total budget for these parts really need some suggestions here

Cpu: I want to get either an i3 3220 for $100 (currently selling for $120 hoping it will go on sale soon for under $100 soon) or an i5 3570k, or xeon e3 1230 v2,  for at or under $200

gpu: cheapest set that can run 6 displays? right now I'm thinking Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 1GB $20 each at newegg, I think I will need to buy 2 hdmi active adapters for these cards to display and run 6 monitors (probably 2X $20-40 more). I'm really confused about gpus especially the cards that can run 6 displays but have only 4 ports- how would I actively run 6 display monitors out of 4 ports without connecting a second video card? not for gamin- invesment/stock graphs

Mobo: tbd $50-100

case: tbd $20-50

optical drive: possibly free-$0-25

operating system: free $0 if there's room in the budget cpu cooler and case fans

I'm keeping my eyes out for a processor motherboard combo bundle sale. but here's a link to what I'm currently thinking of building.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kd2013/saved/1JQx

Edited by kd2013, 10 June 2013 - 07:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

Since you are driving six monitors, you may want GPU's with more than 1GB of memory.  You also don't need an 850W PSU for this, extremely low-end cards like the Radeon 5450 use far less than that.  A card like the the GIGABYTE GV-R775OC-2GI Radeon HD 7750 2GB would be a good choice.  It isn't cheap, but can easily handle this.  One card is more efficient and causes less problems than two.  What are you going to be using for the OS?

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users