Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iTunes lost all my playlists!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NYKrumrie

NYKrumrie

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

I have the music & it plays but no playlists.

I have iTunes 11.04. I launched it & noticed all my playlists are gone! If I go to “Music” I see all my music, thankfully, so I know the song files have not been deleted somehow. I click on all the default folders or playlists whatever they are called like “90’s Music (which is shown twice, oddly:-/ ) Classical Music, Top 25 etc.. “ and they all show music files. The problem is all my custom playlists like “Led Zeppelin, Opera ect..” are all gone. I really don’t want to have to re-make them all over again. Does anyone know what happened to them? Is there a way to make them re-create/reload themselves?

Thanks!

Acer Laptop-Pent.duo 2ghz- Win7pro x64 SP1- 4GB ram- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

Have you backed up your data? Maybe you can reload to when your playlists still exited.

Unofficial iOS Genius

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Have you backed up your data? Maybe you can reload to when your playlists still exited.

Yes, if there is a back up of the drive/computer, then you should be able find and copy back the iTunes library file. It is just an XML file and as far as I can recall, it contains the playlists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users