Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

190 mm fan?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dmssargent

dmssargent

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

I have a Rosewill Cruiser Black Case. I want to upgrade the side intake fan, trying to keep the glowing blue color scheme, but it is 190mm instead of a 200 mm or 140 mm. Is there any fan or method that can use a 140mm or 200mm? The computer was a older one (2007) and I got for free. The case was the only thing cheap about it. Even the PSU glows blue. If you did find a fan I want a 3-pin. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

I had that exact same case, good case!!

there really wont be an easy way to replace it, is there a reason that you want to replace the side fan?

There should be PLENTY of air flow through that case almost regardless fo what you are doing.

#3 dmssargent

dmssargent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

I just found out that I will have to replace the motherboard. The SATA controller is faulty. I could get an add on card, but it is in Intel Core 2 Duo. As well, as the graphics card is an 8800gt. I like the outside of the case. But the fans are falling apart, the paint is heavily scratched on the inside. Some of the screws have bent threads.The case has seen better days. My house being ridiculously dusty does not help. What your opinion on a NZXT Phantom 410 Black case? I think I going to need a new one.

#4 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

You are probably better off getting a new case, one that will have positive air pressure (this will reduce the cooling ability of the computer, BUT it will help prevent dust buildup which if you have a dusty house is probably the better option. I prefer cases that are steel/plastice (rather than aluminum/plastic) as they provide slightly better temperature stability, and they are less likely to dent. I would also recommend one with a bottom mount Power supply, its better for balancing the case, and it raises more of the fans a little higher for better dust control (note you will need a hard solid surface to put a bottom mount PC on, its not recommended to put it directly on carpet as it will vent out the bottom)

The Phantom is a nice case, this is purely up to you, some have extra features that are nice (built in fan controllers, LED controllers, extra ports) others have better ventilation, or more slots, its all about what you want to do, and what you plan to do with it in the future, I just got a Full Tower Case because at some point down the road I will be upgrading to an Extended ATX motherboard for additional RAM and PCI-E slots, but that is somewhere down the road.

#5 dmssargent

dmssargent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

I am perfectly happy with a mid-tower, right now. It is going to be a budget build, since I was wasn't expecting to lose 2 hdd at the same time, replace them and have them die again in a few days the hard drives (over 160 bad sectors while still operating about to die). I pefer alumiun due to the weight. Can you name any positive pressure cases to replace the old with?

Edited by dmssargent, 11 June 2013 - 01:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users