Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Denied permissions to MSE. Can't do anything with it.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Mozilla Firefox update

Your Firefox browser is outdated. Please follow these instructions to update it:

• Get the actual firefox from here.
  • Run setup and follow the instructions on your monitor.
  • Report any problems you have with the update.

Uninstall our tools.
Please follow these steps in order:

• In the case we used Defogger to turn off your CD emulation software. You can start it again and use the Enable button.
  • In the case we used Combofix. Rename the combofix.exe to uninstall.exe and run it one last time. You shall be noted that Combofix has been removed.
  • In any case please download delfix to your desktop.
    • Close all other programms and start delfix.
    • Please check all the boxes and run the tool.
    • delfix will now delete all found traces of our removal process
  • If there is still something left please delete it manualy.

Reading Material
How to protect yourself

• System Updates
    Beeing up to date is very important. Please be sure to activate automatic updates in your control panel.
    Windows XP | Windows Vista |
    Windows 7 | windows 8
  • Protection
    What you need is one (not more) good virus scanner with backgroud protection. Additionally I recommend a special malwarescanner that you run from time to time.
    Personally I am using the avast! Antivirus Free Edition and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. They offer you good protection for free use. But please remember: You get only the full protection if you use the payed versions of your security software.
  • Up to date Software
    Stay up to date with all the programs you use. Some of those really have to have an eye on are: your browser(s) including add-ons and plug-ins, Java, Flash Player, your virus scanner, and basically every software you use often. These link may help you to check:
  • Backups
    There are chances for an emergency every day. So be prepared. Back up your data on a regular basis. If you burn it to DVDs from time to time, use a cloud-drive or a professional network backup system is your choice.
  • Brains
    It's no joke! You really need one of those things. :) It is very important not just to click anywhere it is colored or flashing while you surfing on the web. Do not click an OK button on any popping window without reading what it says. While installing software always choose the custom mode, read what those windows says and uncheck adware that will be installed along the software you want.

Proud Member of UNITE & TB

My help is free, however, if you want to support my fight against malware, click here --> btn_donate_SM.gif <--(no worries, every little bit helps)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Twotone

Twotone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Updated Firefox and have ran your tool. Thanks again for all of your time and help on this one.

#18 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

You´re welcome! :)

Proud Member of UNITE & TB

My help is free, however, if you want to support my fight against malware, click here --> btn_donate_SM.gif <--(no worries, every little bit helps)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users