Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Non English Letters

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Matt169

Matt169

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:41 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone know if i can add some letters so i can do something like Shift + Alt + N, to get ? [currently do that and i do not get the lol or anything for that matter

i can do but not the lol

just wondering if there was anyway to make life easier hahah

oh i mean without doing any ALT followed by a series of numbers too if you could please

:thumbsup:

thanks for any help,

Matt.

Edited by Matt169, 14 April 2006 - 03:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:11 PM

Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character Map

This will allow you to choose a symbol to insert into text. There are a great number of fonts and symbols available. However, getting them to work online is another story. If you're using Firefox, you can "Type in accented letters, international characters or symbols into Firefox or Thunderbird, either simply by using a context menu (there being support for many languages), or quickly by keyboard macro (you can even define your own)"

That extension is here.

If the computer looking at your text does not have that font available, it will not show up.

In XP, you can switch to a foreign language, but if your keyboard does not reflect what you're typing, it could be disastrous.

is made by using the alt key and numpad on your keyboard (not the numbers above the letters) You can use the extended ASCII chart at the bottom of this page.

#3 Matt169

Matt169
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:24 PM

thanks for the alt tip :thumbsup:

i was trying to see if there was anyway that i could add it to do the letter like etc would be done by just doing CTRL + ALT + e, i, a and so on

again thanks for the help :flowers:

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:22 PM

Hi Try this site it may help:

http://agg3333.ifas.ufl.edu/charmap.htm

Also try typing into Google: character maps

You should be able to find something there to help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users