Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

More than 270 files InfraRecorderPortable.exe found on Flash memory?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 betenoire

betenoire

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

recently ran scan [esetNOD32v6] of C drive & 2TB WD Flash memory revealed damaged InfraRecorderPortable.exe files.

I am not sure what this app is. I checked google to learn if it may be malware, then ran a search [WindowsXP 32-bit,

on Dell Vostro 1500] which has, so far, found over 273 files, 240kb each of these files on the 2TB WD eBook flashdrive.

There is no instance of these files on my C drive. Other than the eBook (flash memory), I run no portable device(s) with

my Notebook.  I see no app with an associated download or download date.  Is this app just eating my memory? If so, can

I safely delete these files?  malware, or....? I'm baffled. Insight or info would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hi, not certain myself what it is..

InfraRecorder Portable is the popular InfraRecorder CD/DVD burning program packaged as a portable app, so you can do your disk burning on the go

Are they all the same file in name ?

If you right click on one and select properties, what does that say?

I don't think they are malware but may be songs,, It looks like they are corrupt.

Can you open any??

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 betenoire

betenoire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

InfraRecorderPortable.exe has created its' own folder on external flashdrive as an app.

Further search has found more files WINDOWS/Prefetch PF on drive C:

Opening files reveals an app panel for various media rip/burn.

Right click on Properties shows that is an app created a year ago and accessed as of today's date. [I've not been aware of it, let alone used it}

There's no recorded media in any file and I have no portable media device...(?!)

I've never cleared Prefetch files with ccleaner.  I think I'll try deleting the app from the flashdrive and wiping Prefetch in ccleaner.

Thanks for looking at this.  I appreciate your good questions as greatly helpfull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users