Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

password when computer wakes from sleep mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JVL2

JVL2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

setting up my new laptop and it will not allow me to set a password when I open the lid from sleep.

windows 8

thank you for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ra1nbowkitten55

Ra1nbowkitten55

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

what you should try is... turn off the laptop. turn it on. go into your  settings. change pc settings. users. change password........ it should be the password you use for the sign in

#3 JVL2

JVL2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Thank you for the response.

I do have a password set up when I first power up the laptop.

But if I simply close the lid and it goes to sleep, when I reopen the lid I want it to ask for the password again.

In the page where you define power buttons and turn on password protection,  there is a button to make the laptop to do this, but it is dimmed and it will not let me make that choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users