Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser problems after suspicious software use.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DarkImpulses

DarkImpulses

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

I am going to start this off by saying I have no clue as to what I am talking about so please forgive me for any horrible terminology etc. used in this post.

From the beggining it started with me letting someone on my computer too play some games etc. and they wound up downloading a program without me knowing they went to open said program and it would run take up a bit of cpu as if it were starting up then the icon would disapear and there were no resulting programs opening. This was pretty suspicious but I thought maybe Norton or Malwarebytes closed the program and just deleted it for being malicious. Later on I restart my computer because I uninstalled some things that needed to be followed by a reboot and I went to search some things up on google.

I open Google Chrome and the screen "The servers security certification is revoked" shows up so I was kind of confused at first I tried a few other sites all of them worked except ones that used secure links beggining in HTTPS. I also had issues with redirection whenever I tried opening another tab and anything I would go to download would immedietly shut off and come up with " failed the virus scan" Someone told me this sounded like a typical redirection virus and I should scan my computer immedietly. I run Malwarebytes for 2 hours scanning every file on my computer and it comes up with 10 files that it put in quaranteen some of them were rootkits or something which someone told me was probably the redirection virus but the problem is still occuring I unplugged my computer from the internet just incase I have ran 3 full scans 2 with Malwarebytes and 1 with Norton Anti-virus, I tried a system restore to a few days ago before the program was executed and the problem has gotten no better.

So I guess my question is, is it a virus, if so how do I go about fixing it and how can I prevent this from happening in the future.I would appreciate any advice or knowledge you could throw my way I really don't know much about these things or how they work besides how to open my anti virus and scan my computer. Thank you for reading please help me if you can.

Edited by DarkImpulses, 08 June 2013 - 06:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

Welcome aboard p22002758.gif

Please download Farbar Service Scanner Download Link and run it on the computer with the issue.

• Make sure the following options are checked:

• Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center/Action Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
    • Other Services
  • Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 DarkImpulses

DarkImpulses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

I tried getting to the link here but as soon as I got to the bleepingcomputers site my machine stopped connecting to the internet in the networking center it says it is connected to "multiple networks" but isn't connecting to the internet. I also don't think I will be able to download anything it usually won't let me even if I do make it to the site. *I'm posting from a different commputer*

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

Download the tool on good computer and transfer it to bad computer using USB flash drive.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 DarkImpulses

DarkImpulses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Farbar Service Scanner Version: 31-05-2013 01
Ran by anita (administrator) on 08-06-2013 at 22:17:17
Running from "C:\Users\anita\Desktop"
Windows Vista ™ Ultimate Service Pack 2 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Attempt to access Google.com returned error: Other errors

Windows Firewall:
=============
mpsdrv Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of mpsdrv service is OK.
The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK.

MpsSvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking LEGACY_MpsSvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open LEGACY_MpsSvc\0000 registry key. The key does not exist.

bfe Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking LEGACY_bfe: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open LEGACY_bfe\0000 registry key. The key does not exist.

Firewall Disabled Policy: 
==================

System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy: 
========================

Security Center:
============

wscsvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking LEGACY_wscsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open LEGACY_wscsvc\0000 registry key. The key does not exist.

Security Center Notification Icon =====> Unable to open HKLM\...\ShellServiceObjects\{FD6905CE-952F-41F1-9A6F-135D9C6622CC} key. The key does not exist.

Windows Update:
============
wuauserv Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wuauserv registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wuauserv registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wuauserv registry key. The service key does not exist.

BITS Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve start type of BITS. The value does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ImagePath of BITS. The value does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open BITS registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking LEGACY_BITS: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open LEGACY_BITS\0000 registry key. The key does not exist.

Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy: 
============================

Windows Defender:
==============
WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.

Windows Defender Disabled Policy: 
==========================
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
"DisableAntiSpyware"=DWORD:1

Other Services:
==============
Checking Start type of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking Start type of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

File Check:
========
C:\Windows\system32\nsisvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\nsiproxy.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\dhcpcsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\afd.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\tdx.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\tcpip.sys
[2013-02-12 20:55] - [2013-01-04 07:28] - 0905576 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) 74E2D020C47BB2B2FCCBA29A518A7EB4

C:\Windows\system32\dnsrslvr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\mpssvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\bfe.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\mpsdrv.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\SDRSVC.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\wscsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\wuaueng.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\qmgr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\es.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\cryptsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll
[2008-01-20 22:21] - [2008-01-20 22:21] - 0272952 ____A () D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E

ATTENTION!=====> C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll IS INFECTED AND SHOULD BE REPLACED.

C:\Windows\system32\ipnathlp.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\iphlpsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\rpcss.dll => MD5 is legit

**** End of log ****

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

You're infected with the newest version of ZeroAccess rootkit.

It'll require elevated help.

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#7 DarkImpulses

DarkImpulses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Ok, I followed all of your instructions sorry I fell asleep lol been a long week. Thank you for all the help I really appreciate it without awesome people like you guys ide be up the creek without a paddle.

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

thumbsup-thumbs-up-approve-ok-smiley-emo

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users