Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows versus Linux

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NotionCommotion

NotionCommotion

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hi,

I will be adding a dedicated computer just for Internet finance needs such as online banking or buying something on the Internet.

I will remote desktop (or something similar) into the computer from only other Windows computers on my home network LAN.

Would you recommend Windows (probably 8) or Linux (probably Centos 6.4)?  Note that I get free Norton with my internet provider.

I might also do my taxes using TurboTax, and maybe later add something like QuickBooks.  If I go with Linux, I will probably create a virtual server on the Centos computer, load Windows on the virtual server, and run TurboTax, etc on the Windows virtual server.  Does this change your answer for my first question?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users