Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HereWeGo2

HereWeGo2

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Just stopped by because I was having the same problem someone else was having (with the dreaded White Trader virus/rookit) and wanted to give them my advice on what worked for me, after staying up for hours straight trying everything.

Hopefully I can be able to help someone else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HereWeGo2

HereWeGo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Here's what worked for me, regarding the White Trader thing, in case anyone's Googling.

Was going out of my mind last night, trying to get rid of this thing. I think that "White trader" is a very specific, sophisticated, new rookit, because none of the other programs were able to clean it out. Most didn't even detect it.

Malware Bytes' anti-rookit program was the only thing that worked for me.

Malware Bytes' normal version didn't work for me, and neither did Norton, Adaware, or TDSSKiller (though they all found some stuff, and cleaned some stuff...White Trader was a persistent little thing!).

Thankfully, the Malware Bytes anti-rookit program is free, but it is in Beta form, so use at your own risk. I personally had no problem with it, and it was the only thing that got rid of this annoying thing.

I'd recommend downloading it directly from Malware Bytes, rather than cnet or anywhere else, because Malware Bytes has the most updated version. I ended up having to go there to get the most updated one anyway.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/mbar/

Good luck, and let me know if it worked for you as well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users