Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Opera's security pop-up window.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 English Teacher

English Teacher

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hi,

I'm trying out the Opera browser but I have come to a problem. While playing a game, I click on a button to collect something and then up pops this window saying about information is going to be sent from the secure page to an unsecured one.

I have added the unsecured pages to the trusted zone. I've also used wild card for that as well but nothing works and it is very annoying.

How can I turn this off?  I know that the solution exists as I used it once a friend's computer despite Opera saying it doesn't.

Thanks

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If at first you do succeed, try not to look surprised.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Nobody knows the answer?

If I find it again I will post it here.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

I have been using Opera in all it's versions for over 12 years and have never seen a popup like you describe. I have looked and have not found a solution for you yet. If I do, I'll post as well.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

This comes up when you are on a secured connection and it tries to send info by one that's unsecured.

I'm not sending anything important but just clicking a yes button in a game to collect or do something. Sometimes this double clicking costs me things in the game as I can't click fast enough.

Anyway, I can send a picture of it if you want.

Thanks anyway.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

I work with a VPN in my normal course of duties for my 'day job'. I have had to walk on the wild side on occasion for my functions here. So I have traversed the secured and unsecured scenario many times still have never seen what you describe. I have a vanilla install of Opera with 3 extensions which have nothing to to do with connectivity. I can gather what the pop-ups are like. I'm sure they are quite similar to IE's version of those annoying things.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

I'm not allowed to use a certain extension on this forum. I'm sorry I can't show you the actual image as this forum "Bleepingcomputer" doesn't allow it!!

All I can say is do a general search for 

Security Warning
Information from this secure page will be submitted to a page that is not secure on *****.com.   Submitting sensitive information is strongly discouraged.

Many people complain about this!!

Edited by English Teacher, 19 June 2013 - 05:23 AM.

#7 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

Are you using a personal computer or a work computer?

#8 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

I'm working on my own computer... I did install Opera a while ago but I took it off the computer for this problem. At that time it wasn't important about this. Now I'm really trying out Opera, I've come across this problem again!! Research on the net has shown that there are many people with this problem not only me.

#9 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

I've been using Opera for at least a few years too, and I haven't experienced this particular problem either. At least not with Opera. I have seen similar warnings using Firefox/PaleMoon. That is, if what you're referring to looks like this:

Sec.%20Warning.jpg
Image from post #6 in this thread: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=420511.

But evidently many others have.

It doesn't look like there is a configuration option within Opera to disable this warning. Apparently the only possible "work around", with Opera, is to use "http" instead of "https" for those sites/pages that cause the problem.

Can't say I recommend the "work around", and it may not be possible with some sites/pages.

If the "work around" isn't feasible, I guess using another browser for those sites would be the only other option.

Edit:

Hope you don't mind my asking, but what "certain extension" aren't you allowed to use?

Edited by FlannelBack, 19 June 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#10 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

It is the same as your image above. A little cosmetically different a bit, maybe due to the windows or Opera version.

There aren't any extensions. This warning comes up when there is a connection from a secure page to an unsecured one. All I'm doing is pressing a button to collect something. No sensitive data is being transferred. As I said in my first post, I did find the method to stop this once on my friend's old computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users