Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer revving up.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 qwerty654321

qwerty654321

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

First I want to apologize if this is not in the correct place. I am not sure which information is needed, so I may supply more information than necessary. I bought a LX835-D3203 Intel I3/6GB/1TB/23" AIO from Best Buy in October and I have noticed that it seems to rev up sometimes. If that makes any sense.. It seems to rev up when I am trying to do more than just one thing at a time. I know this may be a dumb question, but is it normal?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hi,

If you are referring to the cooling fan noise, then yes, this would be normal unless it is either revving its head off are making an unduly loud noise. After all, if you are running two or more tasks you are making the processor work harder, which produces more heat so the fan has to work a bit harder to get rid of it !

It only becomes a problem if the noise is continuous or unduly loud and perhaps with a hint of a rattle - this would indicate a faulty fan. This should not be a problem on an 8 month old computer, and if it was doing this, take it back under warranty. If you are concerned with internal temepratures, you could download 'Speccy' from :

http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

and install and run it. As well as telling you the details about all your hardware, it shows motherboard, video card, processor and hard drive temperatures.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 qwerty654321

qwerty654321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hi,

If you are referring to the cooling fan noise, then yes, this would be normal unless it is either revving its head off are making an unduly loud noise. After all, if you are running two or more tasks you are making the processor work harder, which produces more heat so the fan has to work a bit harder to get rid of it !

It only becomes a problem if the noise is continuous or unduly loud and perhaps with a hint of a rattle - this would indicate a faulty fan. This should not be a problem on an 8 month old computer, and if it was doing this, take it back under warranty. If you are concerned with internal temepratures, you could download 'Speccy' from :

http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

and install and run it. As well as telling you the details about all your hardware, it shows motherboard, video card, processor and hard drive temperatures.

Chris Cosgrove

Thank you so much. It seems to rev up more so than not, but it does not make a loud noise or rattle.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

You can monitor the temperature to see if it is operating over its normal range.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 qwerty654321

qwerty654321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

You can monitor the temperature to see if it is operating over its normal range.

What is "normal"? Right now it says the CPU is 125 degree F. Motherboard is 130 and Hard Drives are 115. Since I don't really know anything they all seem to be hot. Or are those temperatures fine?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Convert to Celsius, no one uses Fahrenheit any more...Celsius is the standard for monitoring/recording computer temps.

Temperature Converter - Fahrenheit and Celsius (Centigrade) - http://www.albireo.ch/temperatureconverter/

Anything below 50 Celsius is not to be worried about.  Anything above...needs to be checked a bit more deeply.

Louis

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

The maximum temperature for that CPU is 85C, that would be roughly 51.6F.  If this temperature is correct it is way too hot.

Have you tried opening the case to see if the CPU and heat sink and fan assembly are choked with dust?

Have you removed the heat sink from the CPU at any time since purchasing it?

If you purchased this last October it should still be under warranty.  If these temperatures are correct and you haven't done anything which would void your warranty I would call Best Buy and speak to someone in the Geek Squad to see if they will repair this or replace it if the CPU has been damaged by overheating.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users