Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Picasa is giving me problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Windows XP-SP3

I have a gmail account. I installed Picasa from google website. Version is 3.9.136.20.

Problems:

1. Inadequate options for scanning pictures. There are only two options for Picasa to scan for pictures - My Documents or the entire drive. Is there no way to select a specific partition where the pictures of interest are?

2. Every attempt at uploading 4 pictures has failed so far, like this:
I select the pictures, they end up at the bottom, I click Share, hourglass appears for a very long time, there is no activity in the router, eventually a message window comes up saying that the upload failed, shows a blue link for error, which says 'post URL not found'. Bottom line: upload fails, so obviously the URL link can't exist.
I signed out from Google Account (in the upper right corner) and tried to sign back in, as this is what Help suggests, but I get a blank window to Login, which subsequently says that I'm not connected to the internet which is not correct. TCPview clearly shows and established connection all along. Hmm, maybe it is correct once I logged out.

I tried every possible way to Upload, Bulk upload, Share, even Sync, whatever I could find - all with identical results.

I'm ready to ditch it and try to find something that allows me to easily drag'n drop out of any directory I please, without all that local scanning, and that allows easy viewing for others to whom I send a link.

But I thought I'd ask here first. I didn't find anything in tutorials here. And Google help is not helping me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users