Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupted Windows files causing hardware failure.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SCorman

SCorman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hi all,

A few days ago I started receiving an error message when turning on my HP G6 laptop (os Windows 7).  The error message is system error 90b which states that my computer fan is not working. I checked and I was still under warranty so I called HP to see what they could do.  HP support told me that my fan had not failed but a virus had infected and corrupted my windows files and then proceeded to show me my event log which was full of errors and warning messages. In addition when I check which services are currently running, more than half of the Microsoft Services have been stopped (seen in the Microsoft Configuration window). Since then I have tried multiple things to fix this:

1: Numerous virus scans, all which come back clean

2: Ran Combofix

3: System Restore

4: And finally a full reformat.

None of this solved anything. I am still receiving the error message when turning on my computer and the Microsoft Services are still labeled stopped.

HP support said this was a virus so I figured I would post here and see if the experts here had any information they could give me.

Thanks in advance,

Spencer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users