Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cursor and side bar are extremely unstable by using browser or word document

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SpyCatcher*

SpyCatcher*

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

Hello,

Can you please help me with the following problem:

Cursor and side bar are extremely unstable by using browser or word document. Its very frustrating to type and post this also. Some of the main symptoms are:

System:

Processor fan is now and then noisily very busy; while there are only the basic processes in the Task Manager, with minimum CPU or RAM use.

Default Browser Firefox:

Address bar problem: I can't type any thing there and go to a site. I used Opera to post this.

Google search engine doesn't work also. After typing a search term and hitting Enter or Search nothing happens. Cursor blinks randomly on the firefox page.

However on Opera Google works well as well as the address bar; but also the cursor and the side bar are instable. I had to press Ctrl all the time to hold the side bar in place, but it helps a little at a time. Sometimes not at all. I managed to type and post this in short intervals when system allows. it took almost halve a day. 

If there are more than one page/ site are open the browser keeps switching very rapidly between them.

Word Document:

When opening a document the side bar and the cursor drop immediately to the bottom.

Ctrl key helps rarely holding the side bar

If I hit enter to go to type a new line the cursor drops to the bottom of the page. On rare occasions works very shortly normally.

Cursor springs now and then randomly in the text while typing, sometimes even to the task bar.

Additional info:

I still have the Original OS-CD, if it can be used for this issue.

System Info:so

OS XP Home Edition, version 2002, SP3

Browser: Firefox

AV: Avast

Firewall: Private Firewall

Computer: Dell Laptop Inspiron 1150

CPU: Intel 2.80 GHz

RAM: 768 MB

Router: Xperia Box

Thanks in advance!

in the middle of the night

i found my self awake