Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I go back to Office 2010 if 2013 is already installed?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

Greetings.

Have a friend with a relatively new Dell Laptop running Windows 8.

She purchased the Office 365 Home Premium, which I believe she now has to pay for annually.

In the About section (at least in Word) it shows that it is a "Subscription Product".

A Google search for details about this are dizzying.

I'm not really looking to bash MS over this latest incident, there are plenty of others out there doing that for me. :P  I'm just wondering if she can uninstall this version of Office and install Office 2010.  Does MS allow these sort of moves?

She's a newbie and is taking a class that uses Office 2010 and would like to use the same apps at home as she does in class.

And if you're thinking about posting a "well, it's not that different, tell her to learn 2013"...please don't.

She is not a computer person, has no interest in becoming one and would simply like to get the most out of her class.

She has access to a legal copy of Office 2010 but I wasn't sure how all this works since there has been so much confusion about Office 365 and the annual fee(s) and transfer issues.

Anyone out there done this already or know if it can be done?

Thanks in advance,

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm not really looking to bash MS over this latest incident, there are plenty of others out there doing that for me. :P  I'm just wondering if she can uninstall this version of Office and install Office 2010.  Does MS allow these sort of moves?

She has access to a legal copy of Office 2010 but I wasn't sure how all this works since there has been so much confusion about Office 365 and the annual fee(s) and transfer issues.

Yes, you should be able to remove Office 2013/365 and then re-install the license/legal copy of Office 2010.

This assumes that the license for Office 2010 is not already installed on some other computer (unless it is a license that permits installation on multiple computers).

Edited by smax013, 08 June 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#3 Winterland

Winterland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

Great, that's what I needed to know.

And, I did ask her about the multiple licenses aspect of it to make sure she wasn't doing anything illegal, last thing she needs right now is another computer challenge/issue ~ thanks for the reminder.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users