Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen of death on shut down: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aquadeath2

aquadeath2

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

Hello,

I've recently purchased a USB webcam and upon plugging it in some drivers were automatically updated/installed (I do not remember which ones). Since then, everytime I shut down my computer, I receive a blue screen of death with the error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" at the top and the file "si3132.sys" mentioned at the bottom. I've searched online for some solutions but wasn't able to find anything. My computer seems to run fine but any help to remove the error upon shut down would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

Hi

Welcome to the Bleeping Computer forum.    :welcome: 

SI3132.sys is a part of the  silicon image SATA driver. I wonder how the USB webcam affected a SATA port driver. Is the webcam is still plugged in the system ?. 

To know what is going wrong with your system, we need to collect some basic info. So please follow the below steps.

1 ) Post the full spec or model number of your Laptop\PC

2 )Open C:\Windows\Minidump folder. If there are any files with .dmp extension, zip the entire folder and upload to any free file hosting site like Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/

Post the download link to it in next reply.

3 ) Generate a report about your system using Speccy by reading the guide below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Post the web link displayed by Speccy in next reply.

4 ) Download and run Minitoolbox from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors

-List installed programs

-List devices

-List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply  (or upload the result.txt with dump files) 

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 08 June 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#3 aquadeath2

aquadeath2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

Thank you for your reply and sorry for not replying sooner. Yes, I still have the device connected to my PC.

The folder C:\Windows\Minidump was empty.

My computer was custom built so the information from the Speccy report will have to do: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/QNROGKNQ3kdM0HTxb4u4lr5

I've attached the result of running the Minitoolbox.

Attached Files

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

Hi

Without the crash dumps, it is hard to say the cause. Nothing serious can be seen in the event log either. First you should verify that the system settings are configured to write crash dumps. Follow the below steps.

-Go to Start, then Run, then type in "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
-Click on the Advanced tab
-Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
-Ensure that "Automatically restart" is unchecked
-Under the Write Debugging Information header select "Small memory dump (64 kB)" in the dropdown box
-Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as "%systemroot%\Minidump" (without the quotes)
-Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Open Control Panel --> Add\Remove Programs and uninstall the following items.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware - incompatible with Trend micro

Bonjour 

JMB36X Raid Configurer  - Jmicron RAID configuration utility. You have a silicon image SATA controller and i wonder why did you installed the JMicron utility.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 10 June 2013 - 11:10 PM.

#5 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

You didn't exactly say, but I will assume that your webcam was operating for a period of time with no problems and then it automatically updated the drivers and that is when you started having problems. You probably have buggy update drivers, not an uncommon nuisance. If you have the original CD with the original drivers, uninstall the webcam drivers. If you know how, remove the entries from the registry also; however, If you are not experienced with the registry do not do it, you can damage your OS.  Then disconnect the webcam, reboot the computer, and reinstall the original drivers then reconnect the webcam. Do not allow the webcam to update any drivers in the future. Sometimes you have that option in the installation menu, if so choose NOT to automatically check for updates. If you know the update URL you can also blacklist it in your firewall so that your webcam cannot connect to the internet (if your firewall has this option).

Another option is to roll back using System Restore to a date immediately before you started having problems. That is Systems Restore's purpose. Wish you the best, hope you find the problem!

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users