Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i have PUP.BabylonToolbar and PUP.bProtector

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 starlight5

starlight5

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

How do I get rid of these PUP.BabylonToolbar and PUP.bProtector i am running windows xp home 32 bit and

my laptop also has PUP.BabylonToolbar  it is widows 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Many toolbars, Add-ons, screensavers, and weather monitoring programs come bundled with other software (often without the knowledge of the user) and can be the source of various issues and problems to include Adware/browser hijacking. Even if advised of a toolbar or Add-on, many folks do not know that it is optional and NOT necessary to install in order to operate the program. Toolbars and Add-ons can usually be removed via Add/Remove Programs or the Programs and Features in Vista/Windows 7/8, so always check there first.

If the program is not listed in Add/Remove or Programs and Features, the next place to check is your browser Add-ons.

How to Disable Add-ons/Extensions in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
How to Disable Addons, Extensions or Plugins in Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer

If those steps did not help, then download and run AdwCleaner (follow these instructions) and the Junkware Removal Tool. These tools will look for known adware, junkware, toolbars, and browser helper objects. Keep in mind that some legitimate toolbars may also be detected and deleted so you may need to reinstall them.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 starlight5

starlight5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Thanks I think that got rid of those but i can not go to any of my email Hotmail i get a blank screen

yahoo and gmail i get this warning

This Connection is Untrusted
        You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to accounts.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
          Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to
this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

I have run superanti spyware and malwarebytes

Edited by starlight5, 07 June 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

When there are issues or quirks only showing in Firefox, I recommend using the safe mode feature as it temporarily disables all the custom settings, themes and extension. There are options to make them permanent or reset all preferences to default.

Firefox's safe mode feature is used for troubleshooting purposes by allowing you to temporarily disable all the custom settings, themes and extensions. There are also options to make them permanent or reset all preferences to default.While in safe mode, you can restore the default settings and reset preferences if Firefox. To do that please refer to:

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

BTW, these are articles which explain that message.

Firefox: This connection is untrusted
This Connection is Untrusted? What These Browser Warnings Mean

#6 starlight5

starlight5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

I will try that but they wont work in internet explorer

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

No safe mode Firefox and the related articles are for Firefox.

By "they wont work in internet explorer", do you mean you are also having the same problem with IE?

#8 starlight5

starlight5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

yes i tryed explorer and it would not come up trere either and i tryed firefox safe mode just now and that did not work

Edited by starlight5, 07 June 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

By trying safe mode Firefox...do you mean you tried resetting everything to default while in safe mode?

Reset Internet Explorer 9 settings
Reset Internet Explorer 8 settings

Reset Internet Explorer 7/8/9 to default settings

Note: Delete personal settings will reset the home page(s), search providers and Accelerators to their default values. It will also delete temporary Internet files, history, cookies, web form information information (passwords) and InPrivate Filtering data.

How to reset Internet Explorer settings using fixit_logo.png to automatically reset registry keys and the browser back to default.

#10 starlight5

starlight5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

I reset firefox most of the links did not load so i reset in the troubleshooting link

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Ok. Do the resets in Internet Explorer and let me if the issue still remains.

#12 starlight5

starlight5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

I reset explorer and it did not work it goes to othe sites just not the email

hotmail or gmail

#13 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamicontw5.gif and save it to your desktop.
  • Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.
  • Double-click on the renamed file to install, then follow these instructions for doing a Quick Scan in normal mode.
  • Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
  • If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A.4. Issues.
Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • After the scan, make sure that everything is checked and then click the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware.
  • When done, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
  • Exit Malwarebytes when done.
If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

Note: A 14-day trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO is available as an option when first installing the free version so all users can test the real-time protection component for a period of two weeks. When the limited time period expires those features will be deactivated and locked. Enabling the Protection Module feature again requires registration and purchase of a license key. If you continue to use the free version, there is no requirement to buy a license...you can just use it as a stand-alone scanner. Users who have previously completed the trial will not be prompted to start the trial upon upgrade or reinstallation.

#14 starlight5

starlight5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

heres the log it did not let me changa the name before download

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.06.07.10

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
Jim :: FOWLER [administrator]

1/7/2013 11:06:07 PM
mbam-log-2013-01-07 (23-06-07).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 285860
Time elapsed: 24 minute(s), 16 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

#15 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Please download and scan with the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Be sure to print out and read the instructions provided in:
  • Double-click the setup file (i.e. setup_11.0.0.1245x11_2012_18-23_13_03.exe) to install the utility.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
  • The required files will be exracted and installed...be patient as this will take a few minutes.
  • At the 'Welcome!' windows, check the box next to I accept the license agreement and click Start.
  • A new window will open with two tabs (Automatic Scan and Manual Disinfection) and two icons on the right.
  • For a more comprehensive (but longer) scan, click the icon which looks like a round gear, Click Scan Scope and place a check mark in the box next to Local Disk (C:).
    System memory, Hidden Startups and Disk boot sector boxes should already be checked by default.
  • Click on the 'Automatic Scan' tab, and click the green Start scanning button to begin.
  • The time to finish and percentage completed will show as the scan is in progress...Important! Do not use the computer during the scan.
  • If no threats are detected, exit the program.
  • If threats are detected, you will be prompted for action: Disinfect, Delete if disinfection failes.
  • Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
  • After the scan finishes, if any threats are left unneutralized in the Scan window (Red exclamation point), click the Neutralize all button.
  • Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
  • If advised that a special disinfection procedure is required which demands system reboot, click the Ok button to close the window.
  • When finished, click the rectanular notepad icon > select Detected threats > click on to highlight and click the Save icon to save the results as a text file...name it avptool.txt).
  • Copy and paste the report results of avptool.txt with any threats detected in your next reply.
  • When finished, follow these instructions on How to uninstall Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users