Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Internet Download Unusually Slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peterlu654

Peterlu654

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

I have 4 computers/laptops hooked up to my internet. The internet is fine for all of these computers, except the download speed is very slow for two of them. I've never had a problem with my internet so far until it just randomly stopped working properly. I tried downloading avast from cnet on a fast and slow computer. On the fast computer, it downloaded at about 1.0 - 1.5 mbs per second, but on the slow computer it downloaded at 20 kbs per second. It is like this for everything I try to download. I went on speedtest.net, and got 14 mbs for download speed on the fast computer, but got 0.14 mbs on the slower computer. I am using a Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter on a slow computer. Also, the internet, when connecting to websites, is as fast as it usually is, it's just the downloads. My signal strength is always 4 or 5 bars. I've tried scanning for viruses, malware, spyware, and adware. I've also updated my network drivers. Can anyone figure out what is going on?

Edited by Peterlu654, 07 June 2013 - 02:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

If you connect one of the slow computers to the router by way of ethernet, does the same thing happen (i.e. slow downloads) or does the problem go away?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users