Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pen Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nikhil the Great

Nikhil the Great

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hello!

I have a problem involving a "Transcend 32GB Jetflash 530 Retractable USB Flash Drive".

It used to work perfectly until recently, when a message about "This device can perform faster" started appearing. Since speed is hardly the most important thing, I reformatted it to the device defaults with Windows. Nothing changed about the earlier problem, but more recently, it stopped working completely. It sometimes tells me it's installed drivers, but I'm still unable to use it. It sometimes registers as a USB MEMORY BAR. The icon in My Computer is faded like a hidden file, and when I click on it I'm requested to insert a disc. I tried to format it, but was told there was no disc in the drive. Similar errors on two windows 7 computers and one Windows XP computer. Also, there's a little blue light which is always on when the pen drive is normally connected, and flashes rapidly when data is being read/ written. That little blue light now fades on and of much slower now.

What can I do to get my drive to work as before?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil the Great

Nikhil the Great
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Well, I did some more Googling and found "http://ardamis.com/2009/07/02/usb-drive-unusable-unformattable-and-reporting-0-bytes-capacity/" which proved to be quite helpful. I took the suggestion and went to the Transcend web site, from where I obtained the Online Recovery Tool which I've already used on the device. Trouble is, it still tells me the device can perform faster, and sometimes just says USB device not recognized. Any ideas about that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users