Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows eating text please help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AFuzzyMuffin

AFuzzyMuffin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

In order to explain my problem I am going to give a breif example of what happens with this first sentence.

Ok so basicly, if I type something out midway the computer will jump back.

Sally ate a apple.

Sally at---(this is where the computer would jump back for some reason so it ends up being) Sally e a apple.at

CPU is randomly jumping back when I type and I have zero clue why.

Background is recently aka two days ago I re-installed windows seven on my cpu, and I have updated my windows with the live updates. (600MB or so)

Does anyone know what is causing this problem? 

I have come to this site because in the past when I had spyware some guides you had for taking care of it never let me down so I know the help I get here is good help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

Hello -

Could be important or not -

At any time when this occurs are you trying to Copy / Paste or Move the text that you are writing ??

I often find that text will move (like that) if you highlight it with your mouse, but hesitate or stall halfway through it.

Just be sure the mouse is not near any text as you write, or nothing is highlighted.

My problem is usually just a shakey hand or mouse as I copy / paste items - :rolleyes:

Thanks -

#3 AFuzzyMuffin

AFuzzyMuffin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

I should have posted this for other people who had the same problem. I ran an update scan on my cpu and found I had about 600mb of updates to reinstall. After I finished that the problem went away.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

We are glad that you found a solution and posted it back here

Please check for Windows Updates every month (usually the second Tuesday of each month)

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users