Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Avast! Free

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Deleted

Deleted

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Recently I emailed avast about an issue where avast will not run a scheduled scan at the specified time. They checked my log and found no issues. Then later they could not find a fix. 

Dear customer,

We have received and acknowledge your issue. Now we will analyze whether there is anything related to avast! that we could change, and if so we will provide a work-around or fix it in a future release. We will monitor how often this issue appears in our customer base and the impact on our market. If you have any additional information about the issue please let us know because it could shed more light on the issue and help us to solve it or identify the cause more quickly. Thank you for helping us to improve avast!

Best regards,

Avast Software a.s. 2nd level support team

I am really confused!! I did a clean install and everything! I have win8 64bit. No one else with windows 8 has this problem.  :thumbdown: . Please help me!!!! I am really confused and frustrated.  Here are more details:

-My comp is set to sleep in 30 mins of inactivity

-Avast is set to scan every Wednesday at 13:00 (1:00 PM) and has wake up comp checked

-Avast WILL scan if I set it for when I am on the comp

Edited by Deleted, 06 June 2013 - 08:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Users have complained for years about unresponsive behavior when the computer attempts to awake from sleep. There is no universal fix solution as there have been various reasons given for this particular issue and various suggestions to correct it. If avast is not able to determine the cause, the next step is to contact the computer manufacturer via thier support or customer service web site.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users