Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i need some help with my external harddrive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 evilbob

evilbob

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

so i have this WD HDD external mybook and the usb port broke so i bought a new enclosure for it and now my computer wont show it in the folder

i have uninstalled all the drivers and everything else i could think of to try to fix this issue i would really hate to loose 1tb of saved stuff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hi,

I'd go back through the steps of installing the drive physically into the new enclosure, making sure that all of the pieces and parts were in therir proper places and that all of the cables are connected to the correct ports. After I was sure that everything is correct and that I can hear the HDD spin up and the lights are lighting I would move on the getting the system to see it. If there's another computer close by you might plug it into that one, without any preparation, to see it it will recognize the drive.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users