Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Embeding Videos and mp3 into the webpage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 punjabsis

punjabsis

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

I have created a website.. it works good in IE, but on Google Chrome there is a big problem with two of the pages..

One of the pages has 6 mp3 songs on the page...so when I added the files to the page it placed 6 plyers on the page ...one for each song...    on IE all works good

Bring it up on Google Chrome, they display but do not play ...  :(

One of the other pages has 4 .flv videos on the page, each about 1 minute long with the name of the song linked to youtube so they can view the full video on youtube if they want to see the entire music video.    This all works good on IE

Bring the page up on Google Chrome.. not good..  when the page comes up, you will see the stuff on the page for very quick moment and immediately, the music page is displayed on top of the video page. so cannot see the videos on the video page or the image that is on the page. 

everything working good in IE, but a lot of people like Google Chrome... Is there a way to fix this so it displays and works correctly in Google Chrome as it does in IE ???   I'm totally stumped on this one...

thank you

Barbara

Oh, I use Xara Web Design MX Premiun version 8 software to create the website.. this is my first website... have had nothing but issues with it since I uploaded :(   all is working in IE except my contact me message... it looks like it sends message but it don't work..no message received when I tested it)

Edited by punjabsis, 06 June 2013 - 07:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

We have to see your source code.

#3 punjabsis

punjabsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

good morning... I continued to do research and problem with the webpage is Google Chrome's problem.  I found their forum and a lot of people having issues when they have more than one video or mp3 on a page.  I did a redesign of the website and uploaded it and the site is working good in both IE and Google now.   From what others were saying on the forum, The problem started with their upgrade to version 27 which is what I am using (27.0.1453.110 version)   This was my very first website and I sure was frustrated when it wasn't working but found out it wasn't something I did and that is good...   thank you for your help...  appreciate it...

have good day

Barbara  

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

Glad you got it working. Congrats! Getting web pages to work consistently across browsers is always a challenge, even when you have been doing this for years. ")

#5 punjabsis

punjabsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

It must be ... especially when the browser people do updates and the updates don't work.  It always amazes me that they do the updates and get reports that there is a problem and they don't fix right away...  and I've seen some people put in their updates without making sure they work...  I had that problem where I used to work.. they would put in something we as users were to work with and they always had problems with them...  our old programmers used to test the system first using several users before they installed the updates, but when we got new programmers, they would create an update and just put them in without testing first and we always had issues with that. 

thank you for your help...  going to try and get my darned facebook "Like"  button to work.. can't get it on the site working.. :(  if I do it one day, the design program crashes when I try to review it... if I put it the other way.. don't work.. so am stumped trying to get it on ... going to work on it some more..

have a great day

Barbara

#6 Tydek

Tydek

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hey I recommend you that you purchase some simple, low price audio players. Like these Audio Player or another audio player. If you want to add video you can add it to youtube and then embed to your website. Cheers!

Edited by Tydek, 11 June 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#7 punjabsis

punjabsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

thanks... I did a 1 minute preview of the song and posted it into the web and it plays good... then there is a link from the title to youtube if they want to view the full video.  I started to put full video on site but wanted the singer to get his view numbers up so only did preview of the song with link to youtube.  the way I did it works good... if you put more than one video or mp3 on a page, Google browser doesn't display properly so I redid and it works good now

thanks for relying... 

have good day...

Barbara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users