Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macbook Charger light green - Computer won't start.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ashleyreep92

ashleyreep92

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

I've got a Macbook 13" Unibody Model, Currently running Snow Leopard. 

Last night I was using my computer as normal and didn't have it plugged into the charger. I drained it entirely then went to bed. Woke up plugged it in and now it won't start. My charger cord is lit up green which normally indicates it's fully charged, but I can't get it start; no fans, start-up or anything. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

I've got a Macbook 13" Unibody Model, Currently running Snow Leopard. 

Last night I was using my computer as normal and didn't have it plugged into the charger. I drained it entirely then went to bed. Woke up plugged it in and now it won't start. My charger cord is lit up green which normally indicates it's fully charged, but I can't get it start; no fans, start-up or anything.

Try reseting the SMC (System Management Controller).

With the MagSafe connector in place, press the left-side Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time. Then release all the keys at the same time. Then press the power button to see if the computer will power up.

#3 ashleyreep92

ashleyreep92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Still no movement on my end. Unfortunately. 

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

You can look through this page...we hit the main one of trying to reset the SMC already:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1367

#5 ashleyreep92

ashleyreep92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for your help guys. I think I'm just out of luck. I've tried everything under apple's list and still no luck. Can't afford new parts right now and I know the Apple guys will need to open it up to see what's wrong; and of course it's no longer under warranty. Looks like I've got a fancy new paperweight. 

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for your help guys. I think I'm just out of luck. I've tried everything under apple's list and still no luck. Can't afford new parts right now and I know the Apple guys will need to open it up to see what's wrong; and of course it's no longer under warranty. Looks like I've got a fancy new paperweight.

If you live near an Apple Store, you can still make an appointment and take it into to have them take a look at it for no charge. It is only if they reach the point of needing to repair something where they will charge you, but you can always walk away at that point.

And if you are adventurous and they tell you what is wrong (like say they tell you the battery is bad), then you might be able to buy parts and fix it yourself. Somethings are actually not that hard to do and you can get parts yourself. For example, here is parts you can get for 13" Unibody MacBook 2 GHz (not sure if that is your specific model...there are a couple 13" Unibody MacBook models):

http://www.ifixit.com/Mac-Parts/MacBook-13%22-Unibody-2-GHz

I bought replacement fans for my original 2006 MacBook Pro from them and used their instructions to install them. For example, replacing the battery on 13" Unibody MacBook is very easy for some models and only a little more complex for other models.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users