Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupt MP3 Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

I download music and never have problems with MP3 files when I use torrents but whenever I download music off of this free mixtape hosting website http://datpiff.com they are always corrupted, the website has a great reputation and a wide selection of music but they are just bad files or something...

They always play fine through my computer but refuse to play off my ipod after transfering. Also, whenver I load them through media programs, they are just recognized as blank names with their file size, they should be loaded like every other song displaying whatever the song name is and song length.

If anyone could look into this, that would be awesome, it's driving me crazy trying to figure out why they are just bad files. Or a quicker solution for anyone helping would be if you knew of anyway to uncorrupt an MP3 file, or if that's possible. I've googled it but don't exactly trust the websites offering so called "MP3 Repair Tools".

Thank you in advance to anyone who wants to help.

Edited by Slim Nelson, 06 June 2013 - 04:28 PM.

Hulk_Tag.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Could this be some form of digital rights protection ?  In other words you can play it on what you download it to, but not transfer it to another medium. One way to test this would be to copy a couple of these MP3s onto a memory stick and see if you can get them to play on another computer or transfer them to someone else's ipod. That would also eliminate the question of a problem with your ipod.

I could think of some ways around this problem, but that would get me into trouble with the moderators and I like this site !

Good luck,

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Dat Piff hosts "free" mixtapes so I don't think that they would use digital rights protection, it's all free and if they say "Official", they are uploaded directly from the artist.

I will test it next time I see my dad on his laptop though, just to be sure.

And I honestly don't think it's my iPod because I have problems with the same files after loading them into media programs too.

Hulk_Tag.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users