Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Open Ports

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vjm

vjm

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:03 AM

Hi, hope this is the right forum for this question. I would like to know how to open ports for internet transmissions. I'm running ZoneAlarm Free and i want to open port 36208 so i can use Azureus bittorrent. I configured ZoneAlarm to allow Azureus but the program says it can't access the port 36208. I have searched with Google and i can find plenty of help to block ports but none on how to open ports. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:53 AM

Hi vjm.
I don't use ZoneAlarm but it is my understanding you cannot configure individual ports with the "free" version. Since Azureus is a java program, you'll probably need to grant the java executable server rights. There are some threads about configuring ZoneAlarm and Azureus over at the Zonelab forums, check 'em out. Some threads show 0 replies but if you click on them, there are multiple replies.
All this is assuming you're not using a router, you didn't say.
There is also another article here stating ZoneAlarm (ver. 5 only) is not compatable with Azureus.

Edited by HitSquad, 14 April 2006 - 06:58 AM.

#3 vjm

vjm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:11 AM

Hi vjm.
I don't use ZoneAlarm but it is my understanding you cannot configure individual ports with the "free" version. Since Azureus is a java program, you'll probably need to grant the java executable server rights. There are some threads about configuring ZoneAlarm and Azureus over at the Zonelab forums, check 'em out. Some threads show 0 replies but if you click on them, there are multiple replies.
All this is assuming you're not using a router, you didn't say.
There is also another article here stating ZoneAlarm (ver. 5 only) is not compatable with Azureus.

Thanks for the advise.

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:38 AM

You're welcome.
You should be able to get it working with the info from those threads but Azureus will say use a different firewall. :thumbsup:

#5 vjm

vjm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:36 PM

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users