Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express logon problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

I have a Dell Dimension 3000, Windows XP SP3. I have used OE for about 10 yrs now. I haven't changed anything or messed around with any sttings in 10 yrs. The day before yesterday, I turned my PC on and all of a sudden, I couldn't log into OE. My logon name and pasword show up in the logon screen but it tells me 2 error codes 0x800ccc90 and 0x800ccc92, password rejected. I thought it may be a virus so I ran Eset online scanner and Super AntiSpyware and nothing came up. I have no idea why after all these years it just stops working. Any ideas? I also did a system restore back to a week ago and that didn't help either.

I'm slowly trying to get more into things like Hotmail but there are some emails in my OE that I'd like to keep or move.

The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Please try this for me and see if it works.

Select "Tools" from the Outlook main menu after receiving the error.

Select "Accounts" in the "Tools" menu.

Select your email account and select "Log on using."

Click "Servers" in the "Log on using" menu and select "Clear Text" to troubleshoot the error.

You will now be free to log on as normal without any problems I hope

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

I tried what you suggested but no-go. How can I start fresh but not loose my emails?

The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

If in doubt use IMAP, this gives you the ability to manage your mail from a client or device while still giving the peace of mind that there is a backup, on the mail provider’s server, of your mail. However if you are only accessing your mail from one place and need to keep all your mail locally, POP3 may be a better option, which then you will want to backup your .pst files and start fresh.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

The email provider may not have IMAP.

Have you simply gone to your Outlook Express account settings and re-entered your password?

You could also try changing your email password from the provider website, then changing it in Outlook Express.

You might be able to reset it with the same password when you change it.

#6 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

I don't have a clue what IMAP is. I have tried resetting the password and done everything I can......( I think). I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and wipe it clean. I will start using email programs like Hotmail, Gmail, etc...  They are easier to access from multiple computers. Thanks for everyones help !!!!

#7 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Found out what happened. My ISP changed my password because there was some accounts that had got hacked. They forgot to tell me that they changed my password. (SMACK), So , once they gave me a new password, all is well. Thanks for those who gave their time and tried to help me !!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users