Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Destimator

Destimator

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

HI, not sure what's going on but all of a sudden my computer starting stopping any downloads I do mid download. It happens with Chrome and IE. It also does it with any downloader that downloads updates for any programs. Have not been able to download or update anything. most i have been able to download is around 5600 kbs anything greater than that is interrupted. If anyone can help it would greatly be appreciated...  

Windows 7 64bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 apparatus

apparatus

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

do you have AVG installed? its latest version has a problem to be fixed and that's if you have a folder having the previous version of AVG then download problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496913/everything-saved-from-the-internet-gets-deleted-automatically/

Edited by apparatus, 06 June 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#3 Destimator

Destimator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

no, i do not use avg, i have windows security essentials running on my system. Downloads stop after about 5000kb and lose connection. 

Edited by Destimator, 06 June 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,257 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

That's a head scratcher. Do you get any error messages or does it just stop downloading? And when you say you can't update anything, do you mean Windows or Essentials?

If possible, try hooking up another computer or laptop and see if that computer has the same problem. It might be a network issue.

#5 jonnysixtoes

jonnysixtoes

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

i had a simalar thing happen afew years ago when using comodo i had changed my port settings by accident you could take alook at those in you're firewall settings. Google port settings in windows 7 and it will take you to the right site to explain how to find these settings hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users