Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google.com coming up in Chinese??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jan11811

Jan11811

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

Hi,

When I use the Chrome Omnibox to search for Google.com I get the following added to the end:

/webhp?hl=zh-TW

So instead of google.com I get google.com/webhp?hl=zh-TW which gives me Google in Chinese (Han Traditional) what is this?? Its only been happening since last night.  It does not happen if I go to google.com.au. I have used SpyBot Search and Destroy 2 in case of malware and it came back clean. I use Kaspersky Antivirus which is always up to date.

If anyone could help I would be really really grateful!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

When I use the Chrome Omnibox to search for Google.com I get the following added to the end:

The search is too vague for CHROME Omnibox - It is a "silly" browser (NOTE my opinion only) -

For Nth America use google.com.usa - For England use google.com.uk - In Australia I use google.com.au -

I set it in Code Brackets so it is not "live", but you can try the link in my signature and tell me what you get.

This works as I have Google set as my Home page as http://www.google.com.au

#4 Jan11811

Jan11811
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Thanks, your link does work and for now Chrome is working as it should again ... well I don't go to (and cant get to) google.com I just go straight to google.com.au. Weird business!

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

You do not list your country, but all areas have a code (like telephone codes) and you must enter this in your search.

See my post above for some "general examples" of area codes you need to use when searching for sites.

Another reason that I still use Internet Explorer, as I find it more simple to use :)

About the best reply I can leave for you now -

Regards -

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

See if this helps:

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/873?hl=en

0 user(s) are reading this topic