Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joey_will

joey_will

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493895/error-code-800f0900-windows-update-failure/ - Hamluis.

Hello again :)

Thanks a lot for that.

WARNING: This fix has been created specifically for this user. If you are not sirot655, do not follow these instructions as you could cause serious harm to your computer.

1. Please download Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/57x1gj769lboip6/Packs.zip
  2. Right-click on the file and select Extract All...
  3. Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click Extract
  4. A window will open showing two folders, Manifests and Packages
  5. Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)
    C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\Manifests
  6. Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)
    C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages
  7. Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again
  8. When the SURT finishes installing, please again upload
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

(sorry about the loss of line breaks)

Thank you!

Richard

Hello,i am having the same problem please can you help me ? thes is my log file 

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 06 June 2013 - 05:29 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerTechGuy

ComputerTechGuy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:35 AM

Watch this Video Here:

Then when completed download and run what Anshad Edavana said to do in the first Post any problems give us a shout back and I will help you solve the problem.

Kind Regards

ComputerTechGuy

#3 joey_will

joey_will
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

thank you but I followed all the steps but i got no results ,i still have the same problem with the same log file

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 06 June 2013 - 11:44 AM.
Removed unnecessary quote - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users