Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows over Linux

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jacksonbird03

jacksonbird03

• Banned Spammer
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

Hello members....

I want to ask you some question regarding Linux...

Is it possible to install Windows after installing the Linux i.e. dual booting is possible...

Should we install both at the same time...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

You can install both and have a dual boot system, it does not matter how long after you install one that you would need to install the other.

All you must keep in mind if that you are going to need a partition of your hard drive for linux and a partition for Windows, so you are better off making those at the beginning

#3 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,607 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

From personal experience I find it much easier to install Windows first, then Linux. It seems to me that Windows shows no respect at all for any other OS on the hard drive. But thats just me and YMMV.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Bezukhov is right about it is simpler and less chance of failure if you install Windows first.

But you asked is possible to install Windows last. Yes, it is.

Here is a link to one site explaining how to do that.

dual boot - How can I install Windows 7 after I've installed Ubuntu? - Ask Ubuntu

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 jacksonbird03

jacksonbird03
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Thank you Green Giant, Bezukhov, and Buddy for your comments this will definitely help me in the installation of the Operation systems...

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

Just so you know, you can change the default boot order regardless of which OS is installed first.

During boot up, there is a delay (usually 10 seconds) to allow you time to choose which OS to boot to.

If you do nothing then the comp will boot to the default (top of the list) OS. You can change which OS

to put at the top of the list.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 jacksonbird03

jacksonbird03
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

How many OS we will install at a time is their any restriction on the number of OS installed...

#8 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,607 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

Bezukhov is right about it is simpler and less chance of failure if you install Windows first.

But you asked is possible to install Windows last. Yes, it is.

Here is a link to one site explaining how to do that.

dual boot - How can I install Windows 7 after I've installed Ubuntu? - Ask Ubuntu

You learn something new every day. Thank you. The next time this question comes up I can give a more informed answer.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#9 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

How many OS we will install at a time is their any restriction on the number of OS installed...

The only limitation is the number of partitions you have on your hard drive, so basically the size of your hard drive. Have 10 OS's if you want! They just need to fit!

Unofficial iOS Genius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users