Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Too Big to Handle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DrWorm

DrWorm

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

I seem to be having some trouble using my Firefox browser at the time. Everything looks normal, but if i right-click on the toolbars at all, the screen for it comes up but stretched to an irritantly long level that i cannot read any of the options for. The Menu Bar is also suffering in a similar way in that it in fact envelops the whole of my screen and cannot click on anything. We believe it may have something to do with me trying to install a Persona web-browser background onto my Firefox, but I've done this before without any issues. Also the font for my normal Windows 7 background has changed. If I right-click to check my Personilization tab, the font is oddly static looking compared to the rest of the Windows font that everything else on the computer has and gives the option to use ATI Catalyst Control Center, which I'm certain is a virus, since I don't recall downloading it. Please help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DrWorm

DrWorm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

It opens these mega-screens anytime I right-click on anything inside this window and also seems to affect prompt windows that come up from it, such as when I try to close multiple tabs. The prompt windows are tiny and seem to carry no buttons, but occasionally buttons can be seen or at least the text on them. If I try to access the Menu Bar, you can clearly see File in the largest letters possible for this laptop, but cannot elaborate down upon any other areas, since they seem to large to fit in the screen or window, especially View which may be behind the problem. I've also found that my mouse settings have changed and have been set to click on things when my finger doesn't move on the mousepad, which I find irritating and obtrusive. Need help quick, these things are driving me nuts!

#3 DrWorm

DrWorm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

update: my address bar has now disappeared and I am now unable to retrieve it. I can no longer refresh the page and cannot close this window. I will be switching to an alternate computer to continue working on this problem. Norton seems to think this is a completely normal process and Malwarebytes is looking through everything in my computer and will take some time, no doubt.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Can you do a System Restore to a date before this started?

Hello can you re install FireFox and see?

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 DrWorm

DrWorm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

This plus deleting the ATI has solved the problem thank you

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

Excellent!! You're welcome.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users