Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NTbackup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Willie.T

Willie.T

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

When I try to run ntbackup on my Dell 8400 windows xp pro,. it freezes when it says Preparing to back via shadow copy it freezs, and after waiting several hr. the only way I can get the PC to work again is

to hold the power button in to turn off the PC and reboot. How do I fix this?  THANKS Willie T.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hi

Welcome to the Bleeping Computer forum  :welcome:

I didn't personally experienced this issue. A search in internet shows this error can be happened due to various reasons. Try the below steps first.

- Open service control manager. To do that, enter services.msc in the RUN dialog.

- Check the status of Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) service

It should be in Stopped state. If not, set it's startup type to manual and restart the system. Verify the service is not started automatically. Now run the ntbackup.

service.gif 

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 06 June 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#3 Willie.T

Willie.T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hello!!
After following your instructions and makeing the adjustments, NTbackup is working
again like should.

THANK's for your help.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hi

Glad to know that we could help  :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic