Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I.e Vs. Fire Fox

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:48 PM

i am reading that internet explorer is bad or just not good and that people should use fire fox. what is the difference and why is ie a "bad thing"
-thanks so much :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:18 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46615/browser-choice/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49350/firefox/

The above are two of the more recent discussions of the relative merits of Firefox and Internet Explorer. Other threads can be found by doing a search on this forum.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,731 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:44 AM

Sharpie,

Just for some additional information to add to the choices, Let me introduce you to Opera. Here is a nice link full of information regarding Opera features and functionality. Click here for the link. And yes I am an Opera user and I love it. However it's all about choices and I do not subscribe to the one size (browser) fits all philosophy.

Be (Browser Selection) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:45 PM

Try them all. Opera, Firefox, Mozilla, and any others you can find. With IE7 out now there is very little differance in the 2 but Ima FF/ Mozilla man myself as I can use them on both Windoze and Linux.

Its all about personal preferance nowadays.

Posted Image

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:35 PM

As BlackSpyder said, try them all.
You're not limited to using, only one browser.
You can have as many open at one time, as you want.
I often have IE, Firefox, and Opera, open at the same time.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:15 PM

ok thanks so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users