Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 Journal info please.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

I've been keeping a hand written journal for my doctor. It would be so much easer to write it first in Word. (Spell check.)

And then put it in the proper date and time.

Now here is my ignorant problem.

When I go to my doctors appointment. I would like to be able to print out the journal that I have been keeping. With hopes that the date and hour is printed out with it. Kind of like a diary. So can I do this? Or will I just have to use Office / Word. Then I'll have to figure out how to get it setup to put date and time with each posting. I'm just kind of hoping that I can use Journal like a diary and get it to print my yada yadas in order of date and time. I know I'm just trying to be lazy. But isn't that what a computer is for in the first place?

Thanks people,

The Dude

Edited by hamluis, 05 June 2013 - 11:25 AM.
Moved from XP to Business Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

I've been keeping a hand written journal for my doctor. It would be so much easer to write it first in Word. (Spell check.)
And then put it in the proper date and time.
Now here is my ignorant problem.

When I go to my doctors appointment. I would like to be able to print out the journal that I have been keeping. With hopes that the date and hour is printed out with it. Kind of like a diary. So can I do this? Or will I just have to use Office / Word. Then I'll have to figure out how to get it setup to put date and time with each posting. I'm just kind of hoping that I can use Journal like a diary and get it to print my yada yadas in order of date and time. I know I'm just trying to be lazy. But isn't that what a computer is for in the first place?

Thanks people,
The Dude

It has been a long time since I have "played with" the Journal function in Outlook 2003 and even then I don't believe I ever printed anything. I would assume it likely can do what you want, but you might have to "futz" with it to get it working the way you want.

You can certainly do what you want with Word and it will be pretty easy. For each entry, before you start typing the entry, go to the Insert menu and select "Date & Time...". This will open a dialog box allowing you to select the format for the date/time. Once you select which format you want, it will insert the current date and/or time (depending on the format). You can then type your entry. The only thing that you need to then decide is do you have one big file for ALL entries or do individual files for in between each doctor's appointment (this might make it easier when you are ready to print if you only want entries since the last doctor's appointment).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users